An overview of how we collect and use your information. This is an overview of:
- the types of information we collect about you
- how we collect and use it
- who we might share it with
- the steps we’ll take to make sure it stays private and secure
- your rights to your information
We are keen to ensure that people feel comfortable to ask questions at any point about how we process data. If you want to know anything more then please either phone, email or call us during office hours.
Who we are
When we say ‘we’, we mean Waste Management Facilities Limited who is the ‘data controller’ for the information in this overview. This means we’re responsible for deciding how we can use your information.
The information we collect
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you
- from a third party acting on your behalf
- from publicly available sources
- when we generate it ourselves
- from other organisations
We’ll only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law and this may relate to any of our processes, products or services. You’re responsible for making sure you give us accurate and up to date information.
How we’ll use your information
We’ll use it to complete any processes, to include products and services you’ve requested and other purposes e.g.:
- to confirm your identity and address
- to understand what best products and services to tell you about
- to carry out your instructions
- to improve our products and services
- to complete any internal processes relating to employment or other company processes which we are obligated to complete to meet our legal requirements.
We’ll only use your information where we’re allowed to by law e.g. carrying out an agreement we have with you, fulfilling a legal obligation, because we have a legitimate business interest or where you agree to it.
Who we can share your information with
We may share your information with other companies we work in partnership with. We may also share your information with others outside of the company.
How long we’ll keep your information
We’ll keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us, or as long as we need to keep it to meet certain legal obligations. After it ends we’ll keep it where we may need it for our legitimate purposes e.g. to help us respond to queries or complaints, meet HMRC processes etc.
Transferring your information overseasn
We do not intend to send your information overseas. When we do, for legitimate reasons, we will ensure they have it has an appropriate level of protection.
You have a number of rights relating to your information. Some of these include:
- right to request us to alter incorrect data
- right to request a copy of any data held
- right to have data erased
- right to non-automated decision being made
Download PDF version of this policy here